Are you a Pakistani citizen and looking to work in Australia on a work visa? You will be glad to know that Australia has recently started a new regional work visa scheme for foreigners. Under this scheme, you can apply for Australia free work visa from Pakistan and any other country.
Australia offers many job opportunities to skilled professionals that allow them to migrate here. The benefits are mutual with the employee gaining a beautiful abroad experience in this culturally diverse country and the Australian economy reaping the improvements which help to better their workforce.
Below are the popular categories of visa issues by Australian government. There are many other special types of work visas like Distinguished Talent, Business Owner etc. Most of the people will belong in the categories listed below.
Types of Work Visas
Skilled Independent Visa
This type of work permit is issued to that individual who can demonstrate that he has the necessary skills and qualifications required by for a specific occupation that has been listed under the Skilled Occupation List (SOL).
This type of work permit (unlike most others) does not require the employer to sponsor the employee in any way (such incentives are provided since Australia has a massive shortage of skilled laborers). This is for people looking for immigrating to Australia. You can use SkillSelect tool to check EOI (Expression of Interest).
Temporary Skill Shortage Visa
457 visa (temporary visa) will be replaces with TSS visa in March 2018. The goal of this visa is to provide a work visa for up to two years or up to four years (depending on requirement) and will require sponsoring business/company to prove the genuineness of skill shortage in Australia. It will require sponsoring institution to pay market salary etc. ; workers might have to prove English proficiency, need to have minimum work experience of 2 years and age should be less 45 (at the time of application, etc. TSS will also lead the path to permanent residency.
Employer Nomination Scheme Visa
This is a permanent work visa that is issued to overseas workers who are sponsored by their employers. This type of visas is issued to increase Australia’s competitiveness globally as well as filling up the skills shortages in the market.
Working Holiday Visa
This is an opportunity offered to individuals in the age group of 18-30 from reciprocating countries to take up a short-term employment while vacationing in Australia.
This visa expires after 12 months, and the candidate needs to meet certain health requirements to be eligible for it.
Australia Work Visa Guide 2020
A few months back, the Government of Australia announced 2 regional work visas known as Subclass 494 and Subclass 491. For subclass 494, you need a job contract from Employer in Australia. However, for the subclass 491, you don’t need any contract for a job offer in Australia.
In this article, we are going to talk about the 491 work visa that does not need any job offer from an employer in Australia.
SubClass 491 visa allows you to live and work in Australia for up to 5 years. You do not need any kind of job offer letter from the employer in Australia to get a 491 work visa.
You have to work for 3 years and then you can apply for PR in Australia. However, for the starting 3 years, you have to limit your working activities in the regional areas of Australia.
Requirements For The Visa
One of the main requirements of getting Australia Work Visa under Subclass 491 is getting sponsorship from your family member, relative or friend living in Regional Areas of Australia.
You may get a nomination from Australian Regional territories that lie in the Regional work visa program. To get the nomination, you need to visit the official immigration website of Australia.
How To Apply For Australian Work Visa
In order to apply for the work visa of Australia under Subclass 491, follow the steps below:
- The First step in applying the work visa Subclass 491 is to find your occupation on the list. Click here to find the Occupation List of Australia Subclass 491 Visa. Select the visa type to “Subclass 491” from the list and it will show you all the occupations under this program. After that Enter the name of your occupation in the search box above and click “Search”.
- For example, your occupation is a Plumber, you can see that it is eligible for 491 subclass work visa. The next step is to do an assessment of your qualifications from the Accessing Authority. In this case, it is TRA. It is very important to do an assessment before you file your visa. Just Click on the Assessing Authority and it will will take you to their website.
- The 3rd step is to submit your EOI on the Australian Immigration website. You can submit your EOI for free without any cost. EOI stands for the expression of interest. It is basically a point-based system in which you can get points for your age, education, experience, IELTS, etc.
- Now you will have to create an account for Submitting EOI. You have to mention in the EOI registration form about the 491 subclasses. You will also mention the state or territory in which you are willing to work in Australia.
- After submitting the EOI, you will need to visit the Official website of the territory under which you have applied for EOI. In this step, you will need to get a nomination from that territory. All the procedures related to the nomination will be available on the websites of those Australian territories.
- In this step, you will get ITA if you get nomination from your desired territory. ITA or invitation allows you to apply for a work visa in Australia.